- 13th April 2015
- Posted by: johnk
- Category: Sin categoría
Two things future guests look for most when researching hotels for their next trip: photos and video. Video is by far the best way in showing travelers what your hotel or resort looks like and what they can expect upon arrival. It allows your guests to feel confident their cash will be well spent at your hotel.
Are you the Sales or Marketing Director for a hotel? Here are easy 5 tips to generate video content for your property:
1. Invite guests to submit video reviews of your hotel. Customer reviews can be the most vital selling point you have. This will allow researching travelers to access a well-rounded source of information about your hotel. You can even help them on the way by getting your reception team to record it for them.
2. Make the most of property slideshows, photos and videos. Sell your hotel or Resort as well as surrounding area to the researching future guest, with photos and video of your property — from the pool, to guest rooms, to the lobby and fitness center. Let them see it all.
3. Inspire guests with your videos. Don’t simply show them the inside of your hotel or Resort, but the outside as well. Is your hotel over looking the beach or has great views of a golf course? That may be your number one selling point. Use videos to help clients imagine spending their holiday on the white sandy beaches outside your hotel. Are you located in a major city centre? Perhaps you’re located in a quiet mountain town. Whatever your location, use your surroundings as a selling point to future guests.
4. Avoid setting false expectations. As much as you want to inspire your guests and sell your property as the best in the area, you do not want to set up false expectations. If your property isn’t a five star hotel or resort, don’t sell it like it is. Focus on the realistic selling points and pros of your property without giving customers the expectation they will have an experience they simply won’t get at your location. If your hotel is more of a conference center than a resort, that’s OK! But tell it like it is.
5. Share content from industry experts. Travel authors and consultants can be an incredible resource at your disposal. Search out trusted travel personalities and collaborate with them to create video content around a creative topic that you will both be able to share online via your web or social pages. A few ideas of topics: Travel tips, top 5 things to do when visiting your city, best restaurants in town. Consider the topics prospective guests might be interested in when planning a holiday and create video around those topics.
Always remember that when creating video content for your hotel, your mantra should be: “Show, don’t tell.” Create content that is more than people talking about your property. Show your guests what they will experience when they book at your location, rather than telling them. Remember, a picture is worth a thousand words.